This documentary details the rise and alleged crimes of Vladimir Putin.
- Andrey Zykov’s police investigation of Putin’s economic crimes released on Youtube in 2010.
- Karen Dawisha’s theory of viewing Russia not as a failed democracy, but as a successful authoritarian state – a “pay to play system.”
- Putin’s documentary about himself – “Power.”
- Putin’s failure to provide food aid to St. Petersburg.
- Putin’s orchestration of Anatoly Alexandrovich Sobchak, his mentor and mayor of St. Petersburg, escape to Paris.
- Putin’s state-service mentality with the KGB / FSB and provocation of the Chechnya War. and the attempted Ryazan bombing.
- The fall of the Yukos oil company and Mikhail Khodorkovsky for challenging Putin’s stance on corruption.
- Putin’s money laundering through Spag and the Tambovskaya Mafia in Germany.
- Rosinvest – Putin’s money laundering scheme involving profit margins from charities.
- Putin’s net worth of $40 billion.
- Putin has justified actions in Ukraine as, “ethnic Russians are under clear discrimination” and that the United States supported “de-Russification.”
- This tension reached a high threshold with the downing of MH-17.
See the documentary at: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/putins-way/