Holder: No Credible Information on Which Group Responsible for Paris Attacks

TIME

Attorney General Eric Holder said investigators do not have any credible information on which terrorist group was responsible for last week’s attack on French satirical newspaper Charlie Hedbo in Paris.

Though al-Qaeda’s Yemen branch claimed responsibility for the brutal attack on the publication’s staff, Holder cautioned viewers during several Sunday morning TV appearances against jumping to conclusions, the Associated Press reports.

[time-gallery id=”3662641″]

Additionally, a video has surfaced purporting to show the gunman who took several hostages at a Parisian kosher market on Friday, an incident believed to be related to the Charlie Hedbo attack. A man believed to be the gunman is shown pledging allegiance to the Islamic State.

Holder, who traveled to Paris in the wake of the attacks, said the groups pose a threat to several countries. He also announced that the White House would convene an international summit next month to discuss countering violent extremism.

[time-brightcove…

View original post 4 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s