This article details how NATO countries supported the disposition matrix. Interesting points of this article include:
- ISAF’s targeted list, Joint Prioritized Effects List (JPEL), contained up to 750 individuals at a time between 2009-2011.
- The fact that mid and low Taliban commanders were on the list, as well as drug traffickers who helped fund the Taliban.
- US Document from 2009: Including the Drug Trade in the War Against the Taliban
- Report about “Operation Doody”: The Child of the Neighbor Shot By Accident
- The JPEL List in Anonymized Form
- Take-Down Operation; U.S. SIGINT Provides Key Support
See the full article at:
Der Spiegel. “Obama’s Lists: A Dubious History of Targeted Killings in Afghanistan.” December 28, 2014.